Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pipe Cleaner Puppets - Fun to Make and Fun to Play With

Pipe Cleaner Puppets- Fun to Make and Fun to Play With






It's been snowing off and on for the past five days. The small flakes are just gently falling so it isn't technically a snow storm but that white stuff is accumulating here. 

I don't mind the snow. It's the wind that's the killer. And the frigid cold air which freezes your boogers in seconds. That's definitely not fun.

Honey bunny loves all the snow. She rolled around in it for almost forty-five minutes after school. But then again she is all bundled up with her new mitts, hat, snow suit and boots.


She didn't come in because she was cold. She came in because she was hungry and needed a snack.

Any how, I have another fun little project to share with you. 



I was at Michael's the other day, picking up yarn when I saw this craft package on sale for 50% off. Well I just had to snag it up quickly. 

I am always looking for new things to do with my granddaughters.

It has all the materials to make 24 puppets. That's four of each puppet. That is perfect. Enough for three granddaughters and one for me!

Unfortunately there were no instructions. I don't know if it was only my package missing instructions or if that's how they come. 

I had to wing it.

Thank goodness the picture on the package cover was big enough I could (if I squeezed my eyes) see how it was put together.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make my own puppets. The girls kept me busy helping them.


To begin with, I had to make the faces by swirling the pipe cleaners around. I took this picture so you can see what I mean.

I left two inches of the pipe cleaner straight and inserted it into the straw.

The package cover puppets are glued to the straws. I thought it would work better by inserting the pipe cleaner right into the straw.

Once I prepared the faces, the girls started gluing the googly eyes down and some of the other pre-cut pieces.

I had to cut the ribbon and pipe cleaners. 







Oh, and I had to make the snowman's hat. I swirled it around a paint brush handle then made a larger loop for the hat's brim. I think it turned out alright.

And the angle's halo. Which I stuck into the straw too.

Okay, I had to prep all the parts that didn't come pre-made. The girls aren't coordinated enough yet.






Honey Bunny's ginger bread man has pink rosy cheeks. The placement makes me think they are earrings but she insists that they are cheeks. LOL


The girls and I had fun and they are very proud of their puppets.



*******************************

Well thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed reading this post. 


And don't forget to stop by my Etsy Shop, Little Shop of Treasures or check out a few other posts.

If you would like to receive my blog updates please subscribe via email or follow me on TwitterPinterest or Blog Lovin.

I look forward to reading your comments. Make my day and leave one!




19 comments:

  1. Some people are simply so creative, aka YOU! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You're so sweet and kind. You just made my day.

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute (and unique) idea! I have pinned it to my "children" board on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie, thank you for the compliment and thank you for pinning. By the way, I love your blog.

      Delete
  3. So Cute! Thanks for sharing at Four Seasons Blog Hop! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lynn, nice seeing you again. Thanks for stopping by to leave me a comment.

      Delete
  4. These are so cute! Such a creative idea. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I'm in love with that snowman! I think I've found my first project with my girls when their Christmas break starts! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. Hope you have as much fun making the puppets as we did. Have a great day.

      Delete
  6. oh how cute that gingerbread man is so cute. what a great project and it can be changed to match any holiday or theme. thanks for linking up with the all things pretty party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like the gingerman most. Although I think the snowman`s hat is kinda neat. Your right, you could change it up for different holidays or themes. Great idea. Thanks

      Delete
  7. Those are cute and your little snow angel is too. :) Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey Bunny wanted me to hurry up and take the picture. The snow flakes were getting in her eyes. LOL

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. Oh wow! So adorably cute! I wish I could be so creative.

    Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesdays. We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darlene, these are adorable! How fun, I know my girls would love to do something like this. I think I could probably find enough things in my craft stash to put them together too. Thanks so much for sharing, and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH so cute!! My Princess would love to make these!
    Thanks for linking this to Think Tank Thursday. I hope to see you again today. http://saving4six.com/2014/01/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-62.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea will give it a try in the new year. I am one of your new followers stop by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete