Sunday, November 29, 2015

Don't Forget to Say Thank You

Thanksgiving has come an gone. And Christmas is fast approaching.. It's this time of year that many of us have gratitude in our hearts. We give thanks to all that we have and enjoy the time we share with our loved ones.

Unfortunately during the remainder of the year we forget to say thank you. Or at least it isn't as predominant.

Gratitude


Maybe you already remember to give thanks everyday. For that you are blessed and I am happy for you. But for me it can still be a challenge. 

Yes due to circumstances beyond my control, my life has been turned upside down. Still I have so much to be grateful for. Another day to spend with my loved ones. My health. My family.... Yet it remains to be a struggle to consciously say thank you.

I say consciously because I think actually saying thank you makes a difference. 

There was a time in my life that I was happy and believed everything would turn out. Then one bad thing happened after another after another and my happiness was taken from me. I couldn't understand why I couldn't find my happy place anymore.

To my surprise and delight I rediscovered gratitude - happiness but this time I was completely aware. I adopeted an attitude of gratitue. I made lists of things I was greateful for saying thank you, thank you thank you. I had been doing this all along until the series of unfortunate events but I didn't realize what I was doing. Now I have control and I know I am responsible for my happiness no matter what life throws at me. 

Now I know how important gratitude is. But I forget to say thank you. I need reminders. Reminders to stop for a moment and consciously beware of all the beauty around me and say thank you thank you thank you.

Gratitude


Maybe you're like me and need reminders to say thank you. I have several objects to remind me to be grateful. I have a gratitude rock which I carry in my purse so each time I reach in my fingers brush over it and I remember to be grateful.

I also have a couple of key chains with lettered beads spelling out thank you and happy.  They are wonderful reminders not only for me to be thankful but to also spread the joy and say thank you to other people. To show them how grateful I am to them for holding the door, for ringing my purchases in, for making supper....

... because I have reminders to say thank you.





I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day. 

Bye for now. 

Wishing you the best, Darlene

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.


SHARE THE LOVE

4 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene,
    What a great post about being thankful and happy.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, I adore this idea. I agree with you that gratitude is something that can be practiced, Having a little reminder with me is exactly what I need to help me in my practice of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and what a great way to be polite and be thankful. Thank you for linking up and sharing this with us over at the Welcome Home Wednesdays Link Party!

    ReplyDelete